The Art in Public Places program is funded through an ordinance that collects one percent on development and redevelopment projects in the City. Seventy percent of the one percent is to create and build Public Art into development and redevelopment projects. The remaining thirty percent funds programs. Apply online or request more information.
The Public Art Program:
- Supports local jobs
- Brands the City
- Attracts cultural tourism
- Supports the local economy
- Creates a sense of place
Arts and Culture Mean Business:
- The arts and culture industry has an annual impact of $3 billion in the state of Florida.
- The arts and culture industry has an economic impact of $345.3 million in Palm Beach County.
- State dollars utilized on arts and culture programs have a return on investment of $5 for every $1 spent.
- Local governments in Palm Beach County generated $15,787,000 from arts and culture in 2017.
*American for the Arts, Arts & Economic Prosperity 5