The Art in Public Places program is funded through an ordinance that collects 1 percent on development and redevelopment projects. Seventy percent of the 1 percent is to create and build Public Art into the development and redevelopment projects. The remaining thirty percent funds programs.
Public Arts Programs benefits include:
- Employers and Businesses
- Brands the City
- Creates Cultural Tourism
- Supports the Local Economy
Arts and Culture Mean Business.
- The arts and culture industry has an annual impact of $3 billion in the state of Florida.
- The arts and culture industry has an economic impact of $345.3 million in Palm Beach County.
- State dollars utilized on arts and culture programs have a return on investment of $5 for every $1 spent.
- Local governments in Palm Beach County generated $15,787,000 from arts and culture in 2017.
*American for the Arts, Arts & Economic Prosperity 5