PUBLIC NOTICE (posted June 26, 2020) - CDBG-MIT Grant Application
The City of Boynton Beach will be submitting applications for a grant from the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). The Rebuild Florida Critical Facilities Hardening Program has $75 million available to harden critical facilities such as:
- Potable water facilities
- Waste water facilities
- Police departments
- Fire departments
- Emergency operation centers
The City will be submitting for funds to harden the following infrastructure:
- Fire Station No. 2 – Replace the roll up doors with hurricane rated 4-fold doors.
- Fire Station No. 3 - Replace the roll up doors with hurricane rated 4-fold doors and replace the existing roof.
- Fire Station No. 5/Police Station – Add a generator that will act as a redundant backup for the existing generator serving each building. Add an additional 10,000 gallon fuel tank to provide each of the existing generators with an additional 7 days of running fuel supply.
- East Water Treatment Plant Generator Improvements Project – Existing generator to be replaced by (2) new generators. The project will improve operational reliability and redundancy of the standby power system which protects the City’s access to clean, safe drinking water. The EWTP Generator Improvements Project is pursuing $ 1,113,000 in funding.
Please send your comments to, or request a copy of the application from our City Engineer by July 10, 2020.