Get certified to be a lifeguard and learn lifesaving skills and teamwork at an aquatic facility. This four-day class consists of coursework as well as in-water and land drills that will provide you with a two-year certification of American Red Cross Lifeguarding, CPR, AED & First Aid.
- March 15 - 18, 2022, 10 AM - 6 PM
- Denson Pool, 225 NW 12th Ave., Boynton Beach
- Ages 15-18
To receive certification, you MUST:
- Attend all four classes
- Pass all written and practical exams
Participant must be able to --
- Swim the front crawl or breaststroke for 300 yards continuously
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only your legs
- Swim a distance of 20 yards and retrieve a 10-pound brick then return back with the brick under 1 minute and 40 seconds
The course is a free, however a letter of recommendation from a teacher, guidance counselor, or job outreach program is needed prior to registration.
Questions? call 561-742-6645.