Boynton Beach Engineering Division Construction Standards & Details.
Residential Driveway. Paver Bricks In Right-Of-Way. Detail & Requirements.
Criteria drawing. Eff. Date: 01/14. Drawing #: K-20
1. Subgrade and base rock below pavers located in right-of-way shall be compacted to 98% t-180.
2. Driveway within sidewalk limits shall maintain maximum % cross slope to meet ADA requirements.
3. Sidewalk through residential driveway to be 6" true measure depth.
4. Use of paver at sidewalk crossing requires City Engineer's approval.
5. Use of 2-3/8" thick pavers in public right-of-way is acceptable for residential lots.
6. Alternatives to the header curb shall be detailed on the driveway permit application.
7. Execute the "hold harmless letter" per City Engineering Design Handbook, Appendix "M" pages 1 & 2.
Paver Brick Driveway Typical Detail:
Residential Driveway Swale Section (Asphalt)
Criteria drawing. Eff. Date: 08/02. Drawing #: K-17
A. Wearing Surface: 1” Asphaltic Concrete.
B. Base: 6” Limerock or 8” Shellrock.
C. Subgrade: 6” Compacted.
Residential Driveway Swale Section (Concrete).
Criteria drawing, Rev. 01/08. Eff. Date: 08/02. Drawing #: K-18.
1. Driveway to be Portland cement concrete. Min. 2500 P.S.I., 28 days.
2. Base to be a minimum 4” of crushed rock or shellrock, 95% compacted, full width.
3. Concrete to be broom finished with an even, dustless surface.