The PBC Community Services Department (CSD) has opened its online portal for Emergency Rental Assistance. Eligible PBC residents must be a renter household in which at least one or more individuals meets the following criteria:
- Qualifies for unemployment or experienced a reduction of household income;
- Incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardships due to COVID-19;
- Demonstrates a risk of homelessness or housing instability; and
- Has a household income at or below 80% of the area median.
All applicants must present the following documentation in order to apply for services:
- Evidence of COVID-19 direct or indirect impact
- Evidence of risk of homelessness or housing instability
- Evidence of income eligibility
- Valid government issued ID
Rental assistance may be paid up to three months in advance and income and crisis must be recertified for each three (3) month period.
For rental assistance, landlords must be registered as vendors with Palm Beach County. Utility assistance is for electric, water and gas for eligible rental households only.
Applications will be thru Palm Beach County online portal. Applicants must submit the correct information along with all required documentation to expedite approval. Applications will be prioritized for clients who are below 30% /50% AMI , facing evictions and currently unemployed for more than 90 days.