How to Apply for a Library Card
If you meet one of the requirements listed below, you may apply for a free Boynton Beach City Library card:
- Live within the City limits of Boynton Beach at least three months of the year;
- Live in the unincorporated area of Palm Beach County at least three months of the year;
- Live in a city that cooperates with the Palm Beach County Library System or a city that has a reciprocal agreement with us (Delray Beach, Lake Park, Lantana, Lake Park, Lake Worth, North Palm Beach, Palm Springs, Riviera Beach or West Palm Beach);
- Are a student in the Palm Beach County Schools--elementary through high school;
- Possess an active Sunshine Library Card in good standing;
- Own a business or lease commercial property in the City limits of Boynton Beach; or
- Are an employee of the City of Boynton Beach.
Apply in person to obtain a Boynton Beach City Library Card. Bring a current photo ID with your name and current address plus one other form of identification listed below with the matching current address. The Boynton Beach City Library Card is valid for one year. Renewal procedures are the same as obtaining a new card.
Residents of Highland Beach, City of Boca, Palm Beach, Manalapan or Gulf Stream may apply for a Non-Resident Card for a $30 fee. See Non-Resident Card below.