A0015 – History of Boynton Beach Small Manuscript Collection
Title: History of Boynton Beach Small Manuscript Collection
Date span: 1912-open
Physical description: 2 linear ft. (2 boxes, 1 loose item)
Language note: English
Closed or open collection: open
Restriction on access: The collection is available for supervised use by appointment during normal Boynton Beach City Library hours. Users are required to complete a registration form and comply with the library’s regulations governing use.
Terms governing use and reproduction: Materials in the collections are to be used for private study, scholarship, or research in accord with the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code). The Boynton Beach City Library adheres to all conditions specified in the law when providing reproductions of copyrighted material. Any use of a reproduction in excess of “fair use," may result in the user’s liability for copyright infringement.
Acquisition information: Various, noted in contents
Preferred Citation: Collection title including series, box, and folder numbers, Boynton Beach City Library
Scope and Content Note: Single items and very small collections donated at various times.
Signed letter from A.E. Parker to G.W. Potter of West Palm Beach concerning shipments. Written on Boynton Hotel stationery, dated 1912-03-30. Gift of Janet DeVries & Ginger Pedersen (2014.001)
Florida Environmental and Urban issues journal, vol. 11, no. 4, April 1975. Addressed to Marjory Stoneman Douglas.
LP Record: The Casuals, Live from the Town Tavern, Boynton Beach, Florida. Published by Art Records, Fort Lauderdale, c. 1975. Gift of Barbara Ready (2010.004)
History of Boynton Beach. Copy page states: "Donated by Mr. & Mrs. Andrew N. Houston of the Boynton Beach Historical Society. Original in the Boynton file of the Palm Beach Historical Society."
- Description of Boynton (unknown date) 1 page;
- "Settlement of Boynton, Florida as told by H.B. Murray, first settler" [Horace Bentley Murray (1886-1949)] 1 page. Noted as existing in HSPB Boynton file (GCB-Cities7-F6);
- "Notes of the town of Boynton, Florida : Compiled from the Public Records of Dade and Palm Beach Counties, the Minutes of the Town and Interviews with Settlers" ending at year 1937. Unknown author, 24 pages
Issue of Official Detective Stories, Vol. 31 No. 2 (February 1962) featuring article "Buried on his wedding day," by Gene Bell, which details the police activity following the Boynton Beach murder of Samuel Homer Shelton, who was to be a witness in the grand jury trial concering bolita activities in Boynton Beach. Mrs. Frances J. Pacetti was arrested and convicted for the murder, but the conviction was later overturned.
Delta Sigma Theta Collection. Gift of Angela Girtman (2021.014). Used in display March 2021. Two items in oversize box 2
- Display labels; copies of certificates, photographs, clippings
Sheila Rousseau Taylor
- Print-out of scan of Centennial Pineapple Ball program and invitation 1995 (SC2021-020)
- Boynton movie theatre flyer 1962
- 2 pennies, one with frame labeled “keep me and never go broke,” and “10th anniversary, Boynton Beach State Bank, 1948, 1958”
- Lee Manor Isles development flyer
- Map of Lake Worth, Lantana, Boynton Beach areas “Florida Gardens” by Karl Beachler & Son. Stamped “compliments of Wolfie’s restaurant”
- Souvenir postcard booklet featuring Rainbow Tropical Gardens, by Tichnor Quality Views (Boston, Mass.) c. 1960s
- Drawing by Carrie Knapp, principal of Boynton School of palm tree and grass-roofed hut. Gift of Lenore Raborn (2017.014); transfer from the Boynton Cultural Centre, Inc. on 12/6/2017
- Delta Sigma Theta Collection. Gift of Angela Girtman (2021.014). Used in display March 2021.
- Proclamation of the Board of Palm Beach County Commissioners declaring 13 Jan 2013 Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Day.
- Copy of the Order of the Hammer Certificate 1994
Box 3 OVERSIZED (2 pieces of cardboard)
Flagship First National Bank Collection calendar