2022 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday: (May 28 – June 10, 2022), for disaster preparedness supplies. Some examples of tax-free items include: flashlights and lanterns costing $40 or less; radios costing $50 or less; tarps costing $100 or less; coolers costing $60 or less; batteries costing $50 or less; smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and carbon monoxide detectors costing $70 or less; and, generators costing $1,000 or less. The holiday also includes a number of items related to the safe evacuation of household pets.
Virtual information programs:
- Hurricane Preparedness Virtual Workshop Recorded on May 19, 2022 - View Recording
- Hurricane Expo (In Person), Boynton Beach Mall, May 21, 2022 (1-4 pm)
- Hurricane Preparedness Info Session, Recorded on May 20, 2021 - View Recording
- Weather and Hurricane Preparedness Webinar (Recorded on June 8, 2021)
- For any emergency, dial 911.
- Citizen Information Hotline (non-emergency): 561-742-6921.
- Find your evacuation zone.
- Find a shelter.
- Newsletter Signup
- Register for ALERTPBC (PBC's text alert notification system)
2020 Special Edition Hurricane Guides and video with Covid 19 Precautions below:
- Hurricane Guide Video - ASL Interpreted 2020 (Special Edition with Covid 19 Precautions)
- Hurricane Guide 2020 - English – (Special Edition with Covid 19 Precautions)
- Hurricane Guide 2020 – DeafBlind (Special Edition with Covid 19 Precautions)
- Hurricane Guide 2020 - Spanish (Special Edition with Covid 19 Precautions)
- Hurricane Guide 2020 DeafBlind Spanish (Special Edition with Covid 19 Precautions)