wedding on the beach

Event Insurance FAQ

Event insurance is required for the following:

  • Anyone renting a City building.
  • All permitted (event permit) events on City property.
  • Pavilion reservation for more than 60 persons.  
  • Wedding ceremonies on the beach 

NOTE: Individuals who are "reserving" the ball fields for practice will not be required to obtain or to provide proof of insurance; however, they must complete and sign the Standard Hold Harmless Agreement. 

In the above situations, if the person/organization cannot provide a Certificate of Insurance documenting that they have their own insurance, they must purchase insurance through the GatherGuard program at least 30 days prior to the event. If you have any questions please contact Risk Management at (561) 742-6271 or