Boynton Beach City Library patrons will soon be allowed to borrow more items and keep them for a longer period of time, thanks to a new borrowing policy that goes into effect on Monday, March 19.
A major change to the borrowing policy allows for unlimited holds of all materials (up from just five). Overdue fines will remain the same. Other key changes include:
• Loan period for books and magazines increased from 14 days to 21 days.
• Loan period for music CDs and DVDs doubled from seven days to 14 days.
• Patrons can check out up to 30 music CDs and magazines (up from just five).
• Seven DVDS can be checked out at a time (up from five).
• The total number of items allowed per patron is 30 items (this includes either all books, or a combination of materials including books, audiobooks, music CDs, DVDs and magazines).
For more information on the new borrowing policy, call the City Library at 561.742.6390 or visit them online at boyntonlibrary.org.