Trash Pick-Up Guidelines
All Garbage, Bulk Trash, Vegetation Debris and Recycling must be placed at the curb after 6:00 PM the day before or by 6:00 AM on the pick up day.
Preparing Your Household Trash for Pick-Up:
Residents’ Garbage Cans
Residents not living in areas that have automated pick-up may utilize bags or cans.
• Place only bagged household garbage in cans - no tiles, concrete or bricks.
• Close the lids securely.
• Position the cans at the edge of the road in front of your home.
• Leave 3’ around any obstructions, such as mailboxes, cars, or recycling bins.
• Set the cans/bags out after 6 p.m. the day before pick-up through 6 a.m. on the day of pick-up.
City Issued Garbage Carts
Residents living in areas that have automated pick-up receive city-issued carts.
• Please follow the above guidelines for residential garbage carts with the following important exception:
• Position the carts at the edge of the road in front of your home with the wheels facing the house.
To order garbage carts or for more information, call 561-742-6200.
Preparing Your Bulk Trash for Pick-Up:
Unlimited amounts of bulk trash, such as furniture, appliances and mattresses will be picked up weekly. Construction and demolition debris such as fencing, kitchen cabinets, carpeting and tile is limited to one (1) cubic yard each week.
- Break, bag and box small glass panels, mirrors and sheetso fo glass such as shower doors and mirrors.
- Take lisds off paint cans and allow inside paint to dry.
- Place bulk items at the curb after 6:00 p.m. the day before pick-up through 6:00 a.m. on the day of pick-up.
- Leave 3' around each pile and any obstructions, such as mailboxes, cars, or recycle bins.
- Bag loose or small debris.
Please call (561) 742-6200 to arrange for a special pick up.
Preparing Your Vegetation for Pick-Up:
Unlimited amounts of vegetation will be picked up weekly. Large tree stumps and trunks (larger than 4” in diameter) require a special pick-up.
- Cut large vegetation into 4’ lengths.
- Place grass clippings, leaves, and other loose yard waste in heavy-duty plastic trash bags or separate containers.
- Set vegetation at the curb after 6:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled pick-up day.
- Leave 3’ around each pile and any obstructions, such as mailboxes, cars, or recycling bins.
- Remove loose or small debris from piles.
Call 561-742-6200 for a special pick-up.
Bulk trash and vegetation must be separated for pick-up.
Preparing Your Recyclables for Pick-Up:
Weekly curbside recycling is provided at no additional cost.
To order recycling bins or for more information, call 561-742-6200. Recycling carts not provided but are available for purchase at local home improvement stores.
Roll-Off / Compactor:
This service is available to businesses, contractors and residents. Any questions regarding Roll-Off or Compactor service, please call (561) 742-6200 or to request Roll-off service, please complete the Roll-off Request form and drop it off at the Public Works Office or fax it to us at (561) 742-6211.
Not Our Favorite Thing to Do:
Unfortunately, because it requires additional staff and equipment resources, we charge for these violations:
• Trash placed out before the scheduled pick-up day.
• Trash piles that have mixed debris, such as vegetation on top of construction pile. An explanation of the violation will be placed on your door and include a price quote. If the violation is not corrected within 24 hours, the pile will be removed and your water bill will be charged a minimum of $50.
NOTE: If your water service is provided by the City of Boynton Beach but you live outside the City limits, please call the Solid Waste Authority at 561-640-4000 to inquire about your refuse and recycling collection.