Planning & Zoning
The Planning & Zoning division of the Department of Development administers the City of Boynton Beach Code of Ordinances Land Development Regulations, which affect location, appearance, parking, height, size, land use, even the type of landscaping materials to be used.
Download: City of Boynton Beach Zoning Map (2.7 MB)
As a courtesy for anyone wishing to build in Boynton, the Planning & Zoning division coordinates pre-application meetings to help the novice and experienced applicant understand the review process and the land development regulations.
To schedule a pre-application meeting please call 561-742-6260.
City Boundary: Property Control Numbers (PCNs) for the City of Boynton Beach begin with "08". PCNs beginning with "00" identify parcels located in unincorporated areas of Palm Beach County. Link to the Palm Beach County Zoning Division website.
When is a zoning permit required?
When installing any of the following:
- Temporary signs less than 32 square feet in area and less than 6 feet high.
- Pre-manufactured accessory buildings (e.g., tool shed) with an area of 100 square feet or less.
- Fences on single-family lots up to 6 feet tall, not including pool barriers or screening for rooftop equipment.
- Banners and fabric signs.
- Sign face replacements (without structural or electric changes to sign).
- Chickee huts.