The Community Improvement Division of the Department of Development administers the city's Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program and other activities designed to maintain and improve the physical environment in the city's neighborhoods. This includes providing support services to various neighborhood groups and organizations as well as coordinating housing assistance programs for low and moderate-income residents.
Homes throughout the City are eligible for State Housing Initiative Partnership (SHIP) Program funding, offering the opportunity for rehabilitation and repair. This division provides construction coordination services including rehabilitation inspection and construction supervision to assure that the City's quality standards are met. The SHIP program also offers funding for first-time home buyers looking to purchase in the City of Boynton Beach.
RESOURCES & HELPFUL LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES:
- Florida Commission on Human Relations
- Florida Department of Community Affairs
- Florida Department of Community Affairs - Division of Housing and Community Development
- Florida Housing Finance Corporation
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development
- HUD - Handbooks, Forms, and Publications
- Palm Beach County Office of Equal Opportunity
U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
We Do Business in Accordance With the Federal Fair Housing Law
(The Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988)