The Building Division is responsible for permitting and inspecting all construction in the City of Boynton Beach. The office is located in the West Wing of City Hall on the first floor. Permit applications and re-submittals are accepted Monday thru Friday, from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Only inquiries and issuance of processed items will be handled from 4:30pm to 5:00pm. All permit applications must include two copies of submittal documents. The permit fee is paid at submittal. Inspection requests must be received by 4:00pm in order to schedule an inspection for the following business day.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLINE SERVICES ARE CURRENTLY EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES, WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE, AND INVITE YOU TO COME TO OUR OFFICES, OR CALL US AT 561-742-6350
Effective July 7, 2014
The Building Division will require a copy of the executed contract for the work to be performed at the time of permit application.
This requirement will help facilitate the calculation of the required fees per state statue 489.127(4)(c).
Effective 3/ 3/2014:
Projects that require major trades (building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and roofing) must have the sub-contractors signed on prior to any initial permits being issued.
EXTERNAL LINKS TO HELPFUL RESOURCES
- State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- Building Officials Association of Florida
- International Code Congress
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- National Fire Protection Agency
- Palm Beach County - Department of Planning, Zoning & Building
- Palm Beach County - Public Safety Department (Division of Emergency Management)