The Building Division is responsible for permitting and inspecting all construction in the City of Boynton Beach. The office is located in the West Wing of City Hall on the first floor. Permit applications and re-submittals are accepted Monday thru Thursday, from 7:00am to 5:00pm. Only inquiries and issuance of processed items will be handled from 5:00pm to 6:00pm. All permit applications must include two copies of submittal documents. The permit fee is paid at submittal. Inspection requests must be received by 5:00pm in order to schedule an inspection for the following business day.
To check the status of your permit application, click here and select “Plan Check”. The application number should be in the format “13-1234” (two-digit year, hyphen, four-digit serial number).
- To schedule inspections for permits and view results, click here and select “Inspection Options”. The PIN is printed on the permit card. Each permit card has a unique PIN.
Effective 3/ 3/2014:
Projects that require major trades (building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and roofing) must have the sub-contractors signed on prior to any initial permits being issued.
The City of Boynton Beach will be utilizing the 2010 Florida Building Code. All permit applications submitted on March 15, 2012, and thereafter must comply with the new code regulations. Administrative Amendments to the 2010 Florida Building Code can be found here.
The City of Boynton Beach will begin accepting the County-wide Permit Application. This new form is located on the list of the Building Division forms.
Plan reviewers will be available for phone inquiries Monday–Thursday, 1:00pm–5:30pm.
EXTERNAL LINKS TO HELPFUL RESOURCES
- State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- Building Officials Association of Florida
- International Code Congress
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- National Fire Protection Agency
- Palm Beach County - Department of Planning, Zoning & Building
- Palm Beach County - Public Safety Department (Division of Emergency Management)