Attention Contractors and Home Owners, please be advised all inspections scheduled for Monday, August 31st will be rolled to Tuesday due to “Tropical Storm Erika”. To ensure the safety of our staff and residents and dependent on the impact, the City of Boynton Beach may choose to roll all inspections to a later date. Please continue to monitor the storm and all reports for further updates.
The Building Division is responsible for permitting and inspecting all construction in the City of Boynton Beach. The office is located in the West Wing of City Hall on the first floor. Permit applications and re-submittals are accepted Monday thru Friday, from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Only inquiries and issuance of processed items will be handled from 4:30pm to 5:00pm. All permit applications must include two copies of submittal documents. The permit fee is paid at submittal. Inspection requests must be received by 4:00pm in order to schedule an inspection for the following business day.
- To check the status of your permit application, click here and select “Plan Check”. The application number should be in the format “13-1234” (two-digit year, hyphen, four-digit serial number).
- To schedule inspections for permits and view results, click here and select “Inspection Options”. The PIN is printed on the permit card. Each permit card has a unique PIN.
Effective July 7, 2014
The Building Division will require a copy of the executed contract for the work to be performed at the time of permit application.
This requirement will help facilitate the calculation of the required fees per state statue 489.127(4)(c).
Effective 3/ 3/2014:
Projects that require major trades (building, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and roofing) must have the sub-contractors signed on prior to any initial permits being issued.
EXTERNAL LINKS TO HELPFUL RESOURCES
- State of Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- Building Officials Association of Florida
- International Code Congress
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- National Fire Protection Agency
- Palm Beach County - Department of Planning, Zoning & Building
- Palm Beach County - Public Safety Department (Division of Emergency Management)